The history of Zaporizhzhia State Medical University comes back to the Women Pedagogic Courses organized in Odessa in 1903. The main objective of the University is to provide higher medical education for Specialist’s, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees, as well as postgraduate training in internship, mastership, postgraduate study, residency and refresher courses for physicians and pharmacists.
There are eight faculties at the University: three Medical Faculties, two Pharmaceutical Faculties(intramural and extramural), two International Faculties, Faculty of Postgraduate Education, Medical College and University Clinic for 160 patients and 250 consultations at the polyclinic.
The training at the University includes pre-university, undergraduate and postgraduate periods of study. Foreign students are trained at the International Faculty No. 1 for further studies at higher educational institutions of Ukraine.
During their training at the University, both Ukrainian and foreign students get higher education for the Specialist’s and Master’s degrees (“General Medicine”, “Pediatrics”, “Dentistry”, “Pharmacy”, “Technology of Perfume-Cosmetic Preparations”).
10,200 students, postgraduates, interns, students from the preparatory course, teachers-probationers, masters and clinical residents study at the University. There are more than 2,200 foreign students from 40 countries at the University. 1,024 students are taught in English. Students are trained at the theoretical departments in the academic buildings situated on the territory of the campus and at the clinical departments in clinics situated near the University.
The University gained authority and recognition by training foreign citizens from Asia, Africa, Latin America and Europe for more than 40 years. About 10,500 specialists have got medical and pharmaceutical education and are working now in more than 100 countries of the world, taking up high positions in the public health systems of their countries.